4-H Military Clubs
Colorado Camps for Operation: Military Kids
Military 4-H Clubs in El Paso County
USDA and Army and Air Force have made a commitment to establish 4-H Clubs on installations worldwide. In Colorado, all military 4-Hers are officially enrolled in 4-H, insuring them access to all 4-H programs, activities, and opportunities at the county, state and national levels.
4-H Clubs provide:
- a safe environment for military youth to explore new interests and ideas, as well as a predictable environment as they move from place to place
- positive peer groups with caring adult role models
- opportunities for youth to build various life skills and project area skills and competencies
- ongoing experiences in leadership, citizenship and communication
- measurable outputs and outcomes.
Supporting predictability of services for military youth, 4-H Clubs offer:
- 4-H Fine Arts (visual arts and theater arts)
- 4-H Photography
- 4-H Youth Technology
- 4-H Citizenship (Community Service)
In addition, military 4-H Clubs will reflect the interests of the youth involved and 4-H in the community.
Military staff and/or volunteers serve as 4-H Leaders.
For more information, contact Jeff Goodwin, 4-H Youth Development Specialist, 970-491-1152 or firstname.lastname@example.org.